Yorkshire Building Society is maintaining its reputation for offering competitive mortgages with the announcement that it will make price reductions to its longer term products.
Loans & Lending News
Specialist lender Omni Capital has launched a 3-year term product aimed at domestic and globally-mobile high net-worth clients serviced by brokers, IFAs and wealth managers.
Commercial Finance News
Complete FS, the intermediary specialist distributor, has announced the appointment of InterBay Commercial to its panel of lenders as one of the lender's Key Partners.
Housing Minister Mark Prisk has today announced 14 major sites have been earmarked for government investment, so they can start building up to 38,000 new homes.
Debt & Insolvency News
Debt held against UK commercial property stood at £197.9bn at the end of 2012, a year-on-year fall of 7.7 per cent, but also revealed continued falls in the value of the worst performing assets.
Tom Hayes, a former trader at UBS and Citigroup, has today been charged with offences of conspiracy to defraud in connection with the investigation by the Serious Fraud Office into the manipulation of LIBOR.
Pink today starts two weeks of protection master-classes for its ARs.
The Bank of England has appointed Charlotte Hogg as its Chief Operating Officer. Charlotte is currently Head of Retail Distribution and Intermediaries at Santander UK. She will take up her role at the Bank on 1 July.
UKMortgages, Mortgage Brain’s mobile app, which promotes brokers and mortgage products to consumers, is topping the charts as the most comprehensive and widely used mortgage search application.
Equity Release & Pensions News
Nearly one in five retirement savers are unhappy with their pension savings or fear they have wasted money by saving for retirement, new research by MetLife shows.
Investments & Offshore News
Two and three bedroom properties see the greatest increase in average monthly rent
Surveying & Conveyancing News
One in five first time buyers (20%) say that Government schemes like Help to Buy will help them get onto the property ladder.
Welcome to Financial Reporter the home of business financial news for financial professionals across the United Kingdom.
Matt Tristram Blog: Loans Warehouse
"While there are glimmers of economic recovery on the horizon, concerns over job insecurity still top the list for many people when it comes to the things they worry about...."
recent blog posts
- Opportunity beckons - commercial to residential conversions are in vogue
- Hello...Is it a lead you’re looking for?
- ‘Good’ financial reporting requires more than just data alone
- The billion pound question
- Facing a claim of mortgage mis-selling? Attack is the best form of defence!
- The changing face of inheritance
- Banks raising security standards
- Protection insurance is all about peace of mind
- When comparison is anything but...
- Ten reasons to go ethical with investments
Join Our News Alerts Mailing List
- Steven Mendel, CEO & co-founder of Bought by Many
- 90% of intermediaries had have remortgages declined this year
- UK mortgage market 'hard-wired' to reduce homeownership, says IMLA
- Tesco expands mortgage range - including 85% fixed rate
- OFT uses new powers to suspend consumer credit licence for first time
This Weeks Poll