Yorkshire Building Society is maintaining its reputation for offering competitive mortgages with the announcement that it will make price reductions to its longer term products.
Loans & Lending News
This week Business Lending Group, the residential development finance lender, announced the widening of their geographic lending focus.
Commercial Finance News
Complete FS, the intermediary specialist distributor, has announced the appointment of InterBay Commercial to its panel of lenders as one of the lender's Key Partners.
Housing Minister Mark Prisk has today announced 14 major sites have been earmarked for government investment, so they can start building up to 38,000 new homes.
Debt & Insolvency News
Debt held against UK commercial property stood at £197.9bn at the end of 2012, a year-on-year fall of 7.7 per cent, but also revealed continued falls in the value of the worst performing assets.
Tom Hayes, a former trader at UBS and Citigroup, has today been charged with offences of conspiracy to defraud in connection with the investigation by the Serious Fraud Office into the manipulation of LIBOR.
Paradigm Mortgage Services, the mortgage services proposition, has reported a significant increase in the amount of general insurance cases it has placed through Select & Protect in the first months of 2013.
The Bank of England has appointed Charlotte Hogg as its Chief Operating Officer. Charlotte is currently Head of Retail Distribution and Intermediaries at Santander UK. She will take up her role at the Bank on 1 July.
Technology solutions provider Mortgage Brain has expanded its range of mobile technology solutions with the launch of ‘iSourceMortgages’, the industry’s first iPad pre-sales mortgage app for brokers.
Equity Release & Pensions News
Bridgewater Equity Release, the home reversion specialists, has today outlined details of its next four Equity Release Advice Masterclass sessions taking place in the second half of 2013.
Investments & Offshore News
Two and three bedroom properties see the greatest increase in average monthly rent
Surveying & Conveyancing News
One in five first time buyers (20%) say that Government schemes like Help to Buy will help them get onto the property ladder.
Welcome to Financial Reporter the home of business financial news for financial professionals across the United Kingdom.
Matt Tristram Blog: Loans Warehouse
"While there are glimmers of economic recovery on the horizon, concerns over job insecurity still top the list for many people when it comes to the things they worry about...."
recent blog posts
- Ethical investment: If you build it, they will come
- Opportunity beckons - commercial to residential conversions are in vogue
- Hello...Is it a lead you’re looking for?
- ‘Good’ financial reporting requires more than just data alone
- The billion pound question
- Facing a claim of mortgage mis-selling? Attack is the best form of defence!
- The changing face of inheritance
- Banks raising security standards
- Protection insurance is all about peace of mind
- When comparison is anything but...
Join Our News Alerts Mailing List
- Steven Mendel, CEO & co-founder of Bought by Many
- 90% of intermediaries had have remortgages declined this year
- UK mortgage market 'hard-wired' to reduce homeownership, says IMLA
- Tesco expands mortgage range - including 85% fixed rate
- OFT uses new powers to suspend consumer credit licence for first time
This Weeks Poll