- Skipton sells mortgage servicing arm for £47m
- Zurich increases financial underwriting limits for life and CI insurance
- LV= moves to fully electronic annuity process
- FCA imposes ban on Financial Group for failing to control ARs
- New rules set to 'break shackles on annuity design', says Just Retirement
Skipton Building Society today announced the sale of Homeloan Management Limited, its mortgage servicing subsidiary, in a deal worth £47.5m.
Loans & Lending News
LendInvest has today confirmed that its world record breaking peer-to-peer loan has now been repaid.
Commercial Finance News
United Trust Bank is continuing to expand its short term lending into new markets by appointing Kevin Flowerday to launch a new Professional Lending product.
The multi-million pound fines levied to date against global banks for breaking anti-money laundering rules and sanctions violations are the tip of the iceberg, according to data-as-a-service provider, Anomaly42.
Debt & Insolvency News
The Financial Ombudsman Service has today urged people struggling with payday loans, or other debt worries, to confront the 'shame factor' and seek help.
The Financial Conduct Authority has today published a Final Notice for former JPMorgan banker Ian Hannam stating that it has fined him £450,000.
Insurer Zurich has increased its financial evidence limits for customers applying for life and critical illness insurance, so that getting cover is quicker and easier for both advisers and their customers.
The FCA has used its suspension power for the first time, banning two of the Financial Group’s subsidiaries from recruiting new Appointed Representatives and individual advisers for a period of four and a half months.
A new, cloud-based sourcing system has launched, from APAC Systems, combining criteria and application questions from 128 lenders to create a generic application form designed to save time for brokers.
Pensions & Equity Release News
Retirement specialist LV= is the first provider to move to a fully electronic annuity application process with technology provider, TOMAS.
Investments & Offshore News
New research conducted by LCP, Specialist Fund and Asset Managers, on the new build market in London has revealed that there have been £1.2bn worth of sales already this year.
Surveying & Conveyancing News
Goldsmith Williams has announced that it is to focus on lender-introduced business and will no longer be accepting instructions directly from brokers and introducers.
Welcome to Financial Reporter the home of business financial news for financial professionals across the United Kingdom.
Shawbrook Banks Blog
"[Blog from Sarah Woolf, Business Development Manager, Shawbrook Bank]..."
Eddie Goldsmith's Blog
"We British have an obsession with all things property...."
recent blog posts
- Supplying the student rental market in England’s Northeast
- Lead generation this summer - don’t get burnt
- Looking at consumer activity data to boost lending
- Will loan-to-income caps reign in London?
- Changing the perception of equity release
- Later life guidance has to be looked at in the round
- England needs to get the foundations right
- Soaring property values prompts Inheritance Tax mitigation in middle England
- New best friend?
- Making factfinding easier for advisers
Join Our News Alerts Mailing List
- Nathan Ellis-Calcott, BDM - North, at The Loans Engine
- Secured lending increases 32.8% and sees 'game changing' new lender
- Mortgage approvals slow down: BoE Trends in Lending report
- Pension reforms to offer millions free guidance
- Goldsmith Williams no longer accepting instructions directly from brokers
This Weeks Poll