UK house prices fell by 0.2% in September, according to the latest data from Nationwide - taking the average price to £188,374.
Loans & Lending News
One in five payday loan customers are still not being told about the risks of extending the loan, finds Citizens Advice.
Commercial Finance News
United Trust Bank has launched a new professional lending product to provide competitive, short-term working capital financing solutions to the professional services sector.
The performance of the UK economy at present means it is currently in a ‘sweet spot’, according to Stefano Silvestrin, senior economic analyst at Nationwide Building Society.
Debt & Insolvency News
Low levels of disposable income has led to nearly one in three adults in the UK (31%) regularly dipping into their savings each month to help pay for monthly outgoings.
The FCA has confirmed that Barclays Bank has today been fined £37,745,000 for failing to properly protect clients’ custody assets worth £16.5 billion.
GI provider Select & Protect will be showcasing their new home insurance product at this week’s Financial Services Expo in Old Billingsgate, London.
Real wages grew for the first time since the recession in August, as year-on-year advertised salary growth outpaced the rate of inflation, according to the latest UK Job Market Report from Adzuna.
1 in 5 people still owe cash for items they don’t own anymore, with mobile phone contracts the agreement people most likely to have to go on paying.
Pensions & Equity Release News
Portal Financial has warned that George Osborne's announcement to scrap the death tax on pensions is a further blow for annuities.
Investments & Offshore News
From today Lloyds Bank will increase rates on a selection of fixed savings accounts.
Surveying & Conveyancing News
Shawbrook has announced a series of changes to its legal ‘Master Instructions’ designed to streamline the conveyance process across searches, reports and planning and building regulations.
Welcome to Financial Reporter the home of business financial news for financial professionals across the United Kingdom.
Shawbrook Banks Blog
"[Blog from Tom Clark, Regional Development Manager, Commercial Mortgages, Shawbrook]..."
Eddie Goldsmith's Blog
"We British have an obsession with all things property...."
The Editor's Blog: Amy Loddington
"This week Financial Reporter and the rest of the Barcadia Media team headed down to London for the first of this year's expos - the excellent FSE London, back for its second year at Old Billingsgate...."
recent blog posts
- Pen testing competitions, sore feet and cupcakes - it's Expo season!
- Using technology to aid client relationships
- Time to stop undermining home ownership aspirations
- Commercial investors at home in Northern Home Counties and East Anglia
- Why it’s sometimes better to just listen and learn
- A star-studded evening for a fantastic cause at the UK Sepsis Trust Ball
- Technology is transforming adviser working
- Time to grab a slice of La Dolce Vita
- Barcadia Media takes on Goodwood Races
- How new pension rules will affect equity release
Join Our News Alerts Mailing List
- FCA outlines implementation of new rules on second charge mortgages
- FCA: 50,000 mortgages sold without income being verified in Q2
- Property downsizing will unlock £136.5bn in the next 5 years claims report
- Cameron announces FTB starter homes plan
- Over 25% of borrowers face financial difficulties when interest rates rise
This Weeks Poll