- Former Co-op chairman Paul Flowers charged with drug offences
- Nostrum Group enters secured loan processing market
- The Lending Wizard hires Head of Intermediary Distribution
- 'Get Britain Building' plan only yields 715 new homes, says Labour party
- Enquiries for home improvement loans see springtime boost
Mansfield Building Society has cut the rate of interest on its Local Authority Mortgage Scheme from 4.99% to 4.39%.
Loans & Lending News
Nostrum is pleased to announce that it has entered into a processing agreement with Clearly Loans, a recent entrant in the secured lending sector.
Commercial Finance News
Shawbrook Bank’s Commercial Mortgages division has appointed Matthew Woods as Junior Sales Executive on its sales desk.
The 'Get Britain Building' plan, designed to to kick-start house building, has so far delivered only 715 new homes, according to new figures released by the Labour Party.
Debt & Insolvency News
More than one in 20 people paid either their rent or mortgage using some form of credit in February this year.
The Financial Conduct Authority is likely to crack down hard on second charge lending over the next two years after supervision of the sector moves under its jurisdiction in April this year.
The government’s Equitable Life Payment Scheme (ELPS) has now paid out £901 million.
Former Co-operative Bank chairman Reverend Paul Flowers has been charged with drug offences, it has been reported.
This weekend, NatWest Intermediary Solutions is introducing a new Saturday opening for LiveTALK - its popular broker instant messaging service.
Pensions & Equity Release News
The latest MGM Advantage Annuity Index reveals average annuity rates increased by 0.83% in the first quarter of the year.
Investments & Offshore News
According to independent financial researcher Defaqto, the number of advisers using discretionary management services will increase in the coming years, in line with continued growth in investment outsourcing generally.
Surveying & Conveyancing News
The Chief Surveyor of Sesame Bankhall Valuation Services has said that it is becoming increasingly important for chartered surveyors to protect homebuyers and lenders against the mounting risk of a repeat housing market crash.
Welcome to Financial Reporter the home of business financial news for financial professionals across the United Kingdom.
Eddie Goldsmith's Blog
"Two recent reports in the mortgage press caught my eye...."
recent blog posts
- Don’t ignore the commercial earning potential
- Partner with a conveyancer to ease the burden of increasing workloads
- Shawbrook’s lions don tartan
- Be commercially savvy
- Will new regulation affect lending in 2014?
- The next big thing in the protection market
- (Industry) ladies do lunch
- Short term bridging finance still only championed by specialist sector
- Industry awards and interior design
- Overseas mortgages – so much more than just good rates!
Join Our News Alerts Mailing List
This Weeks Poll