Aegon platform exceeds £1bn
Monday, October 28, 2013
Published by AMY LODDINGTON
Aegon UK’s platform has raced to £1bn Assets Under Administration and claims it is now the fastest growing platform in the market.
Aegon Retirement Choices was a late entrant to the platform market, but the rapid growth since the turn of the year has been phenomenal.
Adrian Grace, Aegon UK CEO, said:
“While I’m delighted we have hit the £1bn mark, it’s the pace we have built, delivered and grown this proposition that pleases me more.
“This has gone from a concept to a market-leading platform in the space of three years, which is quite simply unprecedented!
“Although we launched in the second half of last year, the strategic focus of the business only switched to the platform in 2013, therefore we have reached this milestone figure in just ten months. This is phenomenal and recent data shows that (month on month) we have the fastest growing platform in the market.
“This success is testament to the truly innovative platform we have built. We have focussed on technology, efficiency and meeting the needs of the end customer - and this has paid off in a big way.”
In 2014 Aegon is looking forward to this new business growth continuing, but will also be focussing on upgrading its existing customers onto ARC.
Adrian Grace continued:
“This is only the start of our journey, we have extensive plans to build our proposition for customers, employers and advisers. We want all our customers to benefit from the innovation of ARC and this will be one of our key objectives next year.
“Our proposition is based around the needs of our customers, but the advised market is absolutely crucial to our success. We have built our new proposition with a shared experience in mind and with clear advice points, where we believe advice is essential.
“This is about providers and advisers working together in the best interests of our customers.”
- Peer-to-peer lending platform LendInvest completes over £6m
- Source insurance integrates RICS tool on platform
- Broker Conveyancing to unveil platform upgrade at FSE
- Elevate makes platform enhancements for advisers
- 53% increase in adviser investment company platform purchases post-RDR
- Pancredit launches new platform for mortgage & loan servicers
- UK investors come together to back new platform
- Mortgage Brain to offer customised data to lenders
- Nucleus demystifies platform pricing with adviser guide
- Three building societies choose Unisys software as service solution
- Alliance Trust Savings raises platform fees
- Openwork's platform assets hit £1bn
Got a Story?
No matter how big or small the scoop, Brokers & Intermediaries can email us stories to newsdesk direct.
recent blog posts
- Inside the workings of the NACFB
- MMR and the rule of unintended consequences
- We took on the Ice Bucket Challenge for charity!
- South Wales: the broker hotspot
- All or nothing: The importance of a whole of market solution
- Anticipating the great unknown of the mortgage market
- Finding technology built with the adviser in mind
- The value of advice over guidance
- Using social media to boost enquiries
- Keeping the housing market in check - without being London-centric
Join Our News Alerts Mailing List